Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Antiquing near Cooperstown

My kids are on Spring Break this week.  Monday we took at overnight trip to Cooperstown, NY to see the Baseball Hall of Fame.
Image taken at Baseball Hall of Fame
After spending most of the day at the Hall of Fame, there was time before dinner, so we decided to go and check out a few of the local Antique stores.
The first two stores we visited were old barns, both without any heat.  It was in the 30's on Monday in Cooperstown and I swear it felt like 10 below in the Antique stores.  The store had several floors of the coolest things.



I loved the legs on this piece.
They had so many old telephones.  I think my daughter tried each and every one of them.  She has a thing for phones.

Being near Cooperstown, they also had many baseball antiques.
This is the view from the third floor of one of the barns.  How cool!!
So, it wasn't until the third store that I found something to take home.  Actually my husband found it, but knew it was perfect for me.  Can you guess what that would be?
It's a tennis racquet and case made between 1938 and 1950.
We are a big tennis family, and I still play competitively.  For $10, I am now the proud owner of a super classic tennis racquet.  It looks perfect in my office.

Don't forget to stop by and join in my Swing into Spring party still going on.

After Cooperstown, we came home on Tuesday only to leave bright and early Wednesday morning for Chicago.  Hope to share some of those pictures with you tomorrow.

-Judy

7 comments:

laxsupermom said...

Love those Cooperstown shops! Cooperstown is close enough where we could day trip it, but we like to camp at Glimmerglass State Park when we go. The lake is just beautiful, and the kids love hiking the trails. Plus they have terrific programs like Yoga on the beach(real sand) Wednesday mornings. Great pics! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Judy, looks like you have a good time I see lot's of things I would love to paint...LOL... I want to wish you and your family a Happy Easter...Thanks for sharing

Pattie

Susan Anderson said...

Oh, how I wish I were wandering through those antique stores with you. I rarely find any that look as intriguing.

=)

Traci said...

My hubs & I are big baseball fans. I'd love to go to Cooperstown.

At The Picket Fence said...

What a fun time you guys are having! :-)
Vanessa
P.S. It makes perfect sense that your daughter had to try all of the phones...she is a girl after all!

Gina said...

The minute I read you were antiquing in Cooperstown, I thought...oh no, they must have been freezing! I live about a 40 minute drive from Cooperstown & we go there a few times a year. The weather around here has been TERRIBLE lately. We can't seem to get out of the low 40s. Anyway, I'm glad you had a nice visit & got to do something other than baseball.

Gypsy Heart said...

Glad you're having such a great time! Will look forward to more pictures.

Have a very Happy & Blessed Easter ~

Pat

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...