Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Time to Work on Home Goal #2

Back in January I listed my home goals for 2011.  The first was my mudroom, which, as you can see below, we completely re-did.


Now, it's time to move onto home goal #2...my downstairs bathroom.
When we finished the basement, almost ten years ago (yikes), the bathroom was installed.  I think the shower has been used once in the ten years.  The bathroom fixtures, floor etc are all in pristine condition.  This project is going to be more of a re-decorating project.   The first thing that needs to be addressed is the wall color.  The flesh colored paint that I picked for the bathroom is just way to blah.   I'm not sure if I ever liked it or maybe it's just gotten fleshier over the years.  I remember wanting something neutral...well I got that.  It's time to bring this bathroom to another level.
Cutting Edge Stencils

Stenciling the walls is one consideration.  If I use a bolder color over the flesh colored walls, it could maybe even work as a perfect base coat.
Next is this mirror.  Again, way too blah.
Lamps Plus
I love the height of this mirror...but it may be too similar to the one I have in my powder room.
Source
Or maybe this cool mirror.
Another detail I plan on addressing is the cabinet in the bathroom.  The storage works, but again the color is blah (I think blah should be the code word for this project...maybe the anti-blah project).  This is the part of the plan that I am most excited about...
Source

It's time for me to jump on the chalk paint bandwagon!  

I can't wait to get my hands on this cabinet.  I have been seeing all over blogland the amazing results that can be achieved using this paint.  I am very excited.  I also plan on adding new knobs, probably crystal, to the cabinet as well.


Some new artwork, towels and accessories and this bathroom will have a whole new lease on life.  What do you think of the plan so far?

There's still time to join in my Swing into Spring party.  Remember, the link stays open through Friday at midnight.

-Judy

14 comments:

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Ooooo, great plans. Can't wait to see more!!!

Gina said...

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Anonymous said...

I cant wait to see what you do...I have that same (or almost the same) mirror in our new guest bathroom. I bought it for $5 in Ikea As Is and had it laying around when the bathroom gutting came to a head. I decided to put it up and change it later...I hope I get to it before 10 years passes! :) For some reason that flesh tone seems like a GREAT idea until it is on the wall...My entire kitchen and living room are also the same and I knew the first moment I saw it on the wall I hated it! That one will have to wait awhile to fix... Good luck with the redecorating!! :)

Carolyn@Sweet Chaos Home said...

Sounds great, Judy! I've got a blah bathroom in my basement, too. Can't wait to see what you do with yours :)

laxsupermom said...

Sounds great! I can't wait to see what color of chalk paint you use on the cabinet.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Sounds good to me, Judy! : ) I also ordered some chalk paint to give it a try on that headboard I thrifted. I do not want to be sanding and priming that baby! I think the stencil idea is wonderful. I've even seen that one in your picture.

Susan Anderson said...

Knowing the magic you make, I can't wait to see the results!

=)

At The Picket Fence said...

"Anti-blah" project! Lol Judy! :-) I have a few of those around my house too. I know this is going to be just absolutely gorgeous once it gets the "Judy" touch and I can't wait to see it!
Vanessa

JENNY K. said...

Love the mudroom! Looking forward to seeing that bathroom finished. Thanks for following me. :~)

My Cottage Charm said...

Hi Judy! Thanks so much for being my newest follower..I'll be your newest in just a minute! :) Your mudroom is SO cute! I'm doing the board and batten in my laundry room...it's the post before last if you're interested in seeing the progress so far! :)
I'm glad you liked my "how to" for my patio curtains...I thought they made a huge difference too. LOVE THEM!
I want to re-do our masterbath, but we need to gut it and start over, so I'm putting it off for a while...till we get some more moolah! :)
Hope your bathroom turns out just like you envision it in your head! :)
Hugs to you
missy

Tiffany said...

Hi Judy - thank for following my blog! You've got some really good ideas for your bathroom redo. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the chalk board paint!

the cape on the corner said...

that sounds like a great plan, and easy to achieve, too. the bones of it are all good, like the cabinet just needs to be snazzed up. how exciting is the stenciling going to be, i'm sure it'll make a huge impact!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the reminder about your Linky Party! I finished a chair yesterday (in one day) and would have overlooked posting it since the party start was before. Hope you like it! It was a crazy day...

fleurcottage said...

LOVE the foyer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...