Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Easy DIY Decoupaged Trivet

Here is an easy, peasy, lemon squeezy project that you can put together in just a few minutes.  
I don't know about you, but I am always looking for a pretty trivet to use when I am serving.  
This one was so simple to make and used things I already had in the house.

Here's what you will need:

1 tile (I used a 8" x 8" ceramic tile left over from one of our bathrooms)
scrapbook paper
mod podge
felt for bottom
hot glue gun (to attach felt)

I traced around the tile on the wrong side of the paper and then cut it out.
Then I used mod podge on both the front and back of the paper.
Then I measured and cut the felt the same way as I did the paper.

Then using my hot glue gun, I glued the felt to the bottom of the tile.
That's it!  
So easy and quick.
Can't wait to hear what you think.

-Judy
Pin It

4 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very pretty, Judy! I should make some of these. I feel like I'm always looking for trivets when I have a few sides I want to put out for dinner. I wind up using potholders {which aren't quite as pretty!}.

NanaDiana said...

Very cute, Judy. The heat doesn't affect the covering? xo Diana

Debbiedoos said...

Now that is fancy and clever idea Judy! Thanks for the inspiration, I love the colors. Happy Friday!

Unknown said...

That’s is wonderful and personalize trivet.. I want to create few as a holiday gifts. Thanks for sharing Judy!


Thank you!
Nancy
Window Planet Single Hung Windows in Toronto

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...