Pages

Monday, December 16, 2013

Christmas in the Dining Room 2013

Welcome to my dining room all ready for Christmas Eve.  


This is the only time of the year that I actually almost like the paint color on the wall.  The rest of the year I try to figure out what color I can re-paint it.  


This year I decided to go with a traditional red and white tablescape.  The runner is from Pottery Barn a year or so ago.  
The red berry topiaries were used on my mantel for years, but this year I changed it up and so these were available in the dining room.  I placed them on mirrored bases.  Everything looks a little more glamorous on a mirror.  The candelabra is from Home Goods.  

One of my favorite things is my new "Family and Friends" napkin rings.  They are antique silver and remind me of something that has been passed along through generations.  They were on sale and I had a rewards certificate so they actually cost me very little.  
I still love my china pattern after all these years.  It's Lenox Hancock.  The plates on top are from Pottery Barn last year...The Twelve Days of Christmas.  Having twelve in the main dining room makes these an easy choice for Christmas.  We do the traditional Italian feast of the seven fishes on Christmas Eve and these plates will be used for one of the first courses.  I wanted to add color with the napkins, but didn't really want to go and buy linen napkins, so instead I used paper.  One less thing to wash and they actually look fine.  It's like mixing high and low when you get dressed.  It makes the cheap thing look way better when you mix it with something expensive.  

Can't wait to hear what you think of my dining room.
Are you almost ready for Christmas?  
I have a few more things to pick up, and much wrapping to do, but I'm getting close.


-Judy

Pin It

4 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your dining room is gorgeous and I love your tablescape, so beautiful. Hugs, Marty

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very pretty, Judy! I like your dining room. I think the wall color is a nice contrast with the light furniture. The Christmas setting just makes it look prettier. Love that runner!

Unknown said...

Your tablescape is perfect! The candle holder is my favorite!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thanks so much for hosting!

Hugs,
Debbie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...