Pages

Friday, January 17, 2014

Life Just Got Brighter - A New Lamp and a New Bulb

For those of you who keep up with my blog, you know that I am a huge fan of Ethan Allen.  I absolutely love their furniture and pop into our local store now and then.  I stopped by Ethan Allen the other day only to hear the bad news that our local store is going out of business.  They have been in the same location for as long as I can remember.  So sad.  The positive thing is that they are starting to liquidate.  They started with the accessories and lighting, all at least 40% off.  
I bought the Crystal Jewel table lamp which I have been eyeing for years...I just never wanted to spend that much on a lamp.  I love the scroll design and the romantic elegance of this lamp.
Of course the crystals are always a huge plus for me.  I love a little bling.
Since it was the floor model, it already had an ordinary 75W bulb in it.  
GE recently sent me their Reveal Bulbs to try out.  My new lamp gave me the perfect opportunity to try out these new bulbs. 
  I have never tried GE Reveal bulbs before.  Wow, what a huge difference!!  I was amazed at how it replaced that yellow, dingy lighting with a crisp, white light that really makes everything pop in my living room.  It's also much more energy efficient than regular bulbs.
GE Reveal bulbs are available almost exclusively at Target.  Be sure to stop by and try some. 


-Judy

Pin It

DISCLOSURE:  GE provided me with one package of four light bulbs, however the opinions expressed are entirely my own.

3 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

What a beautiful lamp, Judy! I love the crystals on it. I'm trying to figure out how to bring a lamp with crystals into our master bedroom since I won't be able to do a chandelier {ceiling fan and we use it}. I figured I could get the feel of a chandelier with lamps with crystals.

The bulb change really made a difference! You can see how much brighter it is. I love these types of bulbs, especially since I have to depend on light fixtures in our condo for those rooms that have no windows.

Stacey said...

That lamp is beautiful. Lucky for you to time your trip to Ethan Allen so perfectly. :)

I like light bulbs that have a white color to them. The yellow makes me crazy!

Stacey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...